Use this permalink redirection tool to redirect your old permalinks to new, more SEO friendly
Post Name permalinks. First, you need to change permalink settings to Post Name or Custom Structure with
%postname% tag then generate the redirection rules using this permalink redirection tool.
Steps to Permalink Redirection
- Enter your full website address (as set in Settings > General)
- Enter subdirectory name if WordPress is installed in a subdirectory.
- Enter old permalink structure
- If old permalinks used a custom structure, select custom and enter only the tags used.
- Click “Generate Redirect” button
- Copy the generated redirection rules to the top of the .htaccess file and save it.
- Check the redirection by going to the old URLs.
If there's a .htaccess file at the WordPress installation folder, copy this line at TOP of the existing rules. If no .htaccess file found, create one and add this line.